The Charles River Medallion
The Charles River Medallion, consisting of an inscribed medallion and $1,500, will be given in recognition of distinguished contributions to the field of laboratory animal management by an administrator/manager who is a current member of the International Laboratory Animal Management Association (LAMA) and is currently engaged in Laboratory Animal Management (engaged is defined as active employment as an administrator/manager in an animal research facility).
The nomination packet shall consist of:
- Name, mailing address, and education information.
- Nature of professional managerial activity.
- Membership in professional and/or scientific organizations.
- Honors or awards.
- Bibliography (attached reprints if possible).
- Brief sketch of nominee’s professional background and a statement pertaining to his/her qualifications for the award (only one nomination letter per nominee will be accepted as part of the nomination package).
- (OPTIONAL) Supporting nominations letters (2 each) from either nominee’s subordinates and/or other organizational entities (business & finance, physical plant, purchasing, etc).
NOTE: The nomination deadline is February 1st 2015. Please contact our Award Chair – Terry Receveur (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Charles River Medallion Award Recipients
- Pamela Straeter (2013)
- Regina Correa-Murphy (2012)
- Donna Goldsteen (2011)
- Chris Hart (2010)
- Stephen Baker (2009)
- Dr. Richard Simmonds (2008)
- Robyn C. Kiser (2007)
- Casey Kilcullen Steiner (2006)
- Ronald W. Gordon (2005)
- Michael G. Sidelsky, Sr. (2003)
- Gary Novak (2002)
- Dennis J. Taft (2001)
- Gail A. Heidbrink (2000)
- Paul J. Schwikert (1999)
- Howard E. Mosher (1998)
- James A. Alford, Jr. (1997)
- Fred Douglas (1996)
- Dr. Robert Mueller (1995)
- U. Kristina Stephens (1994)
- John Cogan (1993)
- Robert Weichbrod (1992)
- Charles R. Schmieder (1991)
- Clayton Cisar (1990)