This Association is dedicated to enhancing the quality of management and care of laboratory animals throughout the world. (1984)
The Laboratory Animal Management Association advances the laboratory animal management profession through education, knowledge exchange and professional development. (1999 Strategic Plan)
Some of the ways we accomplish our mission:
- The LAMA Review – a quarterly publication dedicated to provide the highest quality of management information applicable to our field.
- LAMA website – information pertinent to the management role in laboratory animal care.
- LAMA logo pin – to proudly display your involvement in LAMA.
- LAMA educational programs – seminars, workshops and tour of facilities or manufacturing plants.
- Awards – awarded to LAMA members for:
- Outstanding and Exceptional Service to LAMA
- Distinguished contributions to LAMA
- Financial Assistance Toward Education